Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. George: The Swing Jumping Contest!

A few weeks ago, my family and I went down to St. George for another one of my daugther's many soccer tournaments. (A special thanks to Sylva and Rullon, my husbands parents, who let us stay with them!) While we were down there, we definately enjoyed the warm, sunny weather! (Seeing as it was extremely cold here in American Fork...but it's warming up pretty quickly.) Anyways, right before we started our journey home, we all went down to the park behind my parent's-in-law's house and just PLAYED! My kids had obviously missed being outside...as we were out playing, we did a number of fun activities. We played basketball, we played on the park, AND we had a "swing jumping contest." (Which was started by my competitive husband.) Let me explain:

You swing as HIGH as you can, and then...you jump! You try to land the farthest distace away from the swing as possible. My husband, Dale, started the whole competition. He jumped from the swing, and challenged my daughters to beat his record. One of my competive young daughters, CaLea, simply had to beat her father's record. She jumped, and she beat it! As you can probably predict, this competition went on for quite some time. The *RECORD LINE* kept moving further and further out. To tell the truth, I don't even know who won. Oh well, we got some pretty fun pictures though!! Enjoy!


-Gina














1 comment: