Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Typical (busy) Day in the Life of a Mom

Being a mom keeps you very busy. I am sure that all mom's can relate. I went to work and then took a break to go to my card group for lunch. It is one of the things that I look forward to. In our busy days we need to take time for friends. We are in our 12th year with this card group. We have added a few as people have left but there are still 6 originals. We have a lot of fun and eat in a lot of great places. Wednesday was especially yummy. We ate at the Harley Davidson's Diner "Marley's" with sliders to knock your socks off. We are definately going back there. It is a great time to get together and enjoy our friendship. Then to top it off we get cards to take home. Yeah! Here are some pictures of the cards that day.





I went to work again and then came home to Pinewood Derby and making cards for the next night. I helped Kallin with his Pinewood Derby car and went to watch the races. It was great fun and he was happy to race his handsome car. I came home kind of late and made my cards for my card group the next day. How fun it is to have card groups back to back. I made an easy fall card.


I came home kind of late and made my cards for my card group the next day. How fun it is to have card groups back to back. I made an easy fall card.






Thursday was a busy day also. I worked all day and then came home and did dinner with the family. I went to card group. This card group does things differently because we go to each others homes and do a "make and take" card then exchange cards with of course dessert after. We have a lot of fun laughing and talking about all important things. I really love this group because my daughter Ginay is in this group and we have fun doing it together. Here are the really cute cards.






I came home from card group and started my boxes of peaches. It was going to be late night. I bottled 28 jars that night and got to bed really late. or early in the morning. But it feels good to bottle the peaches and have them on my shelves! Aren't they a beautiful sight.









It is amazing what a mom does in a day. How many hurts they fix and drinks that they get and if your children are like mine they eat all day long. But, I have to say that it is one of the greatest things - to be a mom! It reminds me of a song, go to the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxT5NwQUtVM

1 comment:

Ann Mitchell said...

Wow!!! Super mom of the century!!!