Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weighted Silence

This is a poem that was written by my son Corley. I am so proud of him! He did such a good job, and whenever girls read it, well they go crazy! Personally, I get chills when I read it, but how about you read it yourself. Let me know what you think!

-Gina-


Weighted Silence
Corley Bagley


As I sit in solemn thoughts
I see you standing there
Surrounded by the best of friends
And one who “really cares.”

And as I sit I wonder,
If I would ever dare
To do the things required
Te be that one who cares.

Although I have these feelings,
I haven’t made a move.
I wand you to be happy
With the one you choose.

The best way to be near you
Is to always be right there,
To help you and support you
Not show how much I care.

I fear that if you knew it
And didn’t feel the same,
You’d tell me that I could leave
The same way that I came.

But the happiness that I feel
Whenever you come near,
Makes me forget all other things,
And drowns out all my fears.

And so I just content myself
To simply be your friend.
And though this isn’t all I want,
At least this wouldn’t end.

But when I’m feeling down the most,
And it’s more than I can bear,
I think about this dream I’ve had,
And picture myself there.

In my dream I am alone,
I’m not quite sure just where.
It’s raining pretty hard outside,
I want to be out there.

Because out of a window,
You’re standing in full sight.
You’re calling me to join
You in the growing night.

As I run beside you,
You stop and turn around.
You tell me that you love me;
My gaze turns to the ground.

When I look up and see your face,
I cannot make a sound.
All I can hear is cold, wet rain
Falling all around.

As you gently grab my hand,
I focus on your eyes.
And in them I can see the truth:
A love that was disguised.

Your beauty takes my breath away,
It was worth the wait and pain.
I pull you closer to me.
And kiss you in the rain.

It’s at this point I wake up,
And find it wasn’t real.
That this has never happened,
And probably never will.

It just turns out the one I love,
Through whom my love has grown,
Loves someone else, and I’ll be left
Unnoticed and alone.

I guess for now I’ll have to wait.
But every day it rains,
I can’t help but feel excited,
And pray that it’s the day.

1 comment:

KOstvig said...

eautiful poem Corley...such talent:)